Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you may have questions about the claims process. If you don’t see the answers to your questions below, please contact our Claims professionals at 1.888.671.AHIC (2442). We’ll be happy to help.
1. Before I file a claim, what are some of the necessary steps I should take?
- Read your insurance policy as it explains all your rights and obligations.
- Review your policy. Make sure the correct mortgage company is listed on your policy’s declarations page.
- Start a list of damaged items.
- Take pictures or videos of any damage to your home or possessions.
2. How do I file a claim?
- Contact your Agent or
- Call Access Home Insurance at 1.888.671.2442.
3. What happens after I file a claim?
- We will open a claim file and assign you a claim number for tracking purposes.
- An adjuster will be assigned to contact you about your claim within 24 hours. He will be able to answer any specific questions you have at that time.
- Depending on the type of claim and your needs, we may arrange for emergency services to be performed by one of our approved providers.
4. When can I expect an adjuster to inspect my damage after I report my claim?
- If warranted, the adjuster should be out to inspect your property within 72 hours.
- Certain types of claims do not require direct inspection and will be handled by other methods. If this is the case, we will let you know during the initial contact discussion.
5. What information should I provide to my adjuster?
- Any photos or videos you have taken of damage to your home or possessions.
- Receipts for any emergency work done.
- If your home cannot be lived in, receipts for food, lodging, etc. expenses incurred.
6. What if I am not satisfied with my settlement amount?
- Contact your adjuster so that he can work with you to resolve any issues.
- If necessary, a re-inspection of the property will be conducted.