Can Your Business Survive a Catastrophic Weather Event?
According to Ready.gov, up to 40% of business never recover after experiencing a major disaster.
Do you have a plan to keep your business running after a disaster?
If not, implement the following five steps as part of your disaster plan.
- Organize, develop and administer your preparedness program
- Identify regulations that establish minimum requirements for your program.
- Gather information about hazards and assess risks
- Conduct a business impact analysis (BIA)
- Examine ways to prevent hazards and reduce risks
Write a preparedness plan which addresses the following topics:
- Resource management
- Emergency response
- Crisis communications
- Business continuity
- Information technology
- Employee assistance
- Incident management
Testing and Exercises
- Test and evaluate your plan
- Define different types of exercises
- Learn how to conduct exercises
- Use exercise results to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan
- Identify when the preparedness program needs to be reviewed
- Discover methods to evaluate the preparedness program
- Utilize the review to make necessary changes and plan improvements